Every moring we begin our day with a Bible story. Some mornings EK reads and the next SJ.
The girls have bible notebooks they do copywork in and illustrate~
and the other three have name notebooks~
They trace and sound out their name to me. I add some other skill to the bottom... maybe shapes, numbers, letters, etc. Over the last months we have created a keepsake of the progress they are making with this skill. Both boys can spell, sound, and write their name due to the repetition. Evie... working on it. :) Once first names are mastered, we will begin last and middle.
Other really fun thing we do each day is sing each name to 'Bingo'~
There is boy that we all love and Will is his name-O,
W-I-L-L,
W-I-L-L,
W-I-L-L,
And Will is his name-O.
They are learning to spell each other's names too so that kind of compounds the number of letters they are learning.
A Great way to begin our day!



No comments:
Post a Comment