Friday, November 16, 2012

Sadie's Gotcha~

Fisher is 13 years old and has arthritis/hip problems... gets up just like an old man.
Each day it's hard to watch him uncomfortable and stiff.
You know other things we worry about and when.
ALL the kids LOVE him and we couldn't imagine life without him.

Amelia has enjoyed some community service this semester @ PAWS for Phi Mu and fell in love with a dog named Stud continuing to go even when her service was done. She began hinting to us she wanted to bring him home and Scott finally gave in. IF he was still there today, she could adopt him.
Wednesday when she went, Stud was gone to another family. Sad for us but happy for him. I guess this got Scott thinking.

Thus Sadie... 
loved by a family: single mom with a 19 year old away at college and just couldn't take care of her. Scott met them today and they cried saying goodbye.
Amelia and EK LOVE her beyond words, Rosie likes her, SJ and WP will get there.
I can't even put into words all the reactions the kids had when Scott drove up today and Sadie jumped out. JOY!!!

I guess EK summed it up pretty well when putting her to bed...
This was the BEST day of my life. :)
Happy Gotcha Sadie girl... welcome to your forever!!!
 Just know you and Fisher will become the best of friends!

12 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Sounds just like our family, some just tolerate the dogs and others are in love!! She is gorgeous!! And the best part is that she is house broken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok- first off- I adore your sweet Sadie!!! Second, I have a Perry and you have a Perry. We also have a Sadie and now you have a Sadie. I'm gonna need to know when you and Scott are surprising us all with the news that you are going to add a Ruby to the mix too!!! ;) xoxo sweet friend. Can't wait to see two more additions to your family home safe and sound very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one dog lover to another.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! She is a beauty!!!!!

    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. The video is the best! I love how WP backs up. :) Our Lady is 11 and Audrey would DIE if we got another dog. She wants one so bad. She has started saying, "When I'm 15, I'm going to get a dog." I don't know where the 15 came from! Sadie is super cute! I'm glad Fisher is still around. I was worried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!!! I was the daughter who brought home all the stray dogs and begged my daddy to keep every single one!!! We have a Chocolate Lab/Weimareiner mix (Edie) she's SO sweet!! " Best Friend Ever"!
    Enjoy!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you all! Sadie is a beautiful girl!! I have a yellow lab who was born with only three legs...what a joy she is! I hope Fisher loves his new housemate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't beat EK's response :) so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new family member! That is one lucky dog! Poor WP, he doesn't look too sure about his new dog.

    Courtney Barnett

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww she is a cutie! I miss havin labs - such sweet dogs! Tell ellakate congrats! I know she is over the moon!

    xo ellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is sooo beautiful! Love your new family member. Love her name too - Doug's oldest brother used to have a doberman named Sadie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome Sadie...hope the two dogs make friends quickly, I can see your girls love him already! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Birthdays, Stitches, and a Wedding~

Rosie and Leighton celebrated their birthdays four days apart, and we had a ball at Leighton's Magical Unicorn Waterslide 4 YO party~ It...