Friday, March 18, 2016

Big Family vs Orphanage

Question: Do you think a big family is really better than an orphanage?

I cringe at the thought of an orphanage but am forced to face the reality of them every day. Six of our children were kept alive in one.
It was their only hope until we chose God’s call in James 1:27: “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”
God describes orphans with two words: Distressed and lonely.
Psalm 68:6 “God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.”
I’ve witnessed with my own eyes the distress and loneliness. I walked through an orphanage holding my child while others sat on the floor reaching for me, crying to me “Mama”, seeing others being chosen instead of them. I remember walking away with a broken heart vowing to advocate for them so they might be chosen too. How can we ignore them?
Distressed and Lonely?
  • Abandoned for unknown reasons
  • Scared and wanting their mama/baba
  • Hungry because there are so many to feed
  • Cold because there is no heat
  • Sick, diseased, or serious special need
I could go on and on, but I know you get the message.
Go HERE to continue reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment