Monday, December 14, 2015

The Christmas Wish~ (And Poem Writing)

Today as I rummaged through my Christmas box looking for an activity to do,
I found a Christmas Poetry book Amelia made when she was in fifth grade.
I showed it to the kids~

and we decided we would make one too~
 We printed our own poetry page and began writing our Acrostic Poem on the board~
 We all thought of words that began with letters in the word Christmas to make our poems~
Tomorrow it will be Haiku!!!

THEN we read The Christmas Wish and the kids loved it because the illustrations were photos~
As I read EK and SJ were my hot glue helpers in making reindeer necklaces for everyone.
The photos reminded us of Jan Brett's books so we listened to this story while we worked~
Another fun day counting down to Christmas.
11 days to go!!!
Thank you to Amelia for a great poetry writing activity!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment