Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

The Gift of a Childhood~

SO many children do not have the Gift of a Childhood for many reasons, some of which OUR children have endured.
When I first began seriously considering a home education for them, many friends encouraged me to read
For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay~
It is NOT just for home schooling families...
it is for ANY family raising children and want it to be joy filled.

"Shows parents and teachers how children's learning experiences can be extended to every aspect of life, giving them a new richness, stability, and joy for living."

I think this is my third time reading it and it is full of notes and underlining!
Today was such a beautiful day I took it out with me as we finished up school and lunch.
I set up a nature area for anyone wanting to read and write under the trees~
They took me up on it and I loved sitting nearby listening to their conversations.
And then there were these three~
Enjoying their playtime too!
The most beautiful message~ Let the Children PLAY!!!
Play is some of the Best Work a child will ever do!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it all...especially the bare feet, shorts & T's....we SOOOO want warmer weather to do the very same thing!!:-)
    and when it does decide to warm up, we may just LIVE outside!! Enjoy PLAYING

    ReplyDelete