This weekend while rummaging through a cabinet I found our Hide 'em in your Heart cds~
This morning EK read our bible story for us
(I had not eaten breakfast)
and we added some worship songs!
We are singing 5 a week and hope to have them all memorized by the end of the year!!!
EK has read just about all the 'reading' books I can find for her and she really just wants to read non fiction SO...
I'm going with it!
Last year I let her Zoobook subscription expire so for Christmas we gave her another one.
She races to the mailbox for days when one is due for delivery~
Today I had her choose one for reading time.
She chose a topic inside and read to me then narrated a summary.
I found an Animal Report book and printed for her.
We began working on it today and she loved it!
Mixing reading and science just feels so right for her!!!
AND then there is WP!
He is doing so well with his letter recognition and sounds,
I decided to start him on Reading Eggs
{We LOVE Reading Eggs!!!}
I really think it helped EK make such a great leap in her reading confidence and fluency!!!
SJ has been working in it for a year now and WP joined the ranks today~
He was very proud of himself and I am sure PC is right behind him!



I LOVE it....and think Non Fiction is usually what many have to MAKE their kids read.
ReplyDelete