Sunday, September 1, 2013

Baby Dove~

On August 3 Savannah and Josh met us at Suwanee Park for lunch after we had taken WP to the dr.
We had NO idea what they were about to share.
They asked us to sit down on a bench and Josh handed Scott a gift bag 
{Scott thinking it was an early birthday gift}
but when he pulled out a white frame with an Ultrasound photo inside there was no holding back the emotion~
 Our family was growing again in a very GRAND way!
Baby Dove was 8 weeks old and thriving...
the Grandest news ever!

Getting this news came along right about the time we had made a definite decision about HollyMei so babies on top of babies.
Felt a little like Father of the Bride 2!!! :)
We weren't the only ones SO excited... look at all Baby Dove's aunts and uncles!~
Scott and I were just a mess. 
I'm pretty sure I was shaking and trying to take in all the love.
WOW~ grandparents to be!!!

The next weekend they came home for Rosie and SJ's family party and shared with our family~
It was such a sweet time of celebration and excitement! 
My mom to be a great grandmother... pretty soon we will be a four generation family~ VERY cool!

Then this past weekend Savannah and Josh came home to spend Sunday with us 
and I shot about 175 photos of them for an announcement.
After looking through and weeding out,
Savannah chose this one taken in our front yard about the place where they were married~
Pretty clever wouldn't you say?
Now the big questions... Boy or girl?
Name for Scott and I... Josh says Big Mama and Big Daddy. :)
I say GranShay and Grandaddy. LOL
What about YeYe and NaiNai?
I guess we'll let Baby Dove decide.
One thing's for sure... 
Baby Dove will be surrounded by tons of love from a big family
 that can't wait for a beautiful day in March to arrive!!!

23 comments:

  1. I am so very happy for you all!!!!!! Congrats Grandma:) so very fun and such a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! I am just in TEARS!!!! I thought she had a "glow" about her the past couple of months. Congratulation and HOW Fun it's going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tears of joy! Praying a hedge of protection around your unborn grandchild and his/her sweet parents!! What an amazing blessing and a family FULL of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting....being a grandma is AWESOME! My #2 grandbaby is coming the beginning of Feb.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I think the Greek for grandmother is Yaya. Very cute, but my favorite is Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I think the Greek for grandmother is Yaya. Very cute, but my favorite is Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Love that announcement! So clever. :)

    In terms of a name for you all, keep in mind that the Chinese distinguish between maternal and paternal grandparents. See this website for the maternal version. :) http://www.best4future.com/blog/how-to-say-grandma-and-grandpa-in-chinese

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your family has all kinds of good news lately! I'm so excited for you that you get to be a grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful surprise!! I absolutely love the joy on your & Scott's faces in the pictures when you're taking out the frame. Baby Dove is certainly going to be loved beyond measure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, how sweet and how exciting! We got the very same news from our daughter and son-in-law just today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!!! Congratulations to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What amazing news! So excited for you and your family! More equals more love! Congratulations to you and to your daughter and her husband. May blessings be upon her and the baby that the baby is healthy and that she has an easy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a precious exciting time! Congratulations!
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! So excited for everyone! Pretty please post more pictures from that adorable photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on such a sweet surprise! I loved your expressions on the photos, priceless!
    Lots of love growing in your family this year, congrats to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been following your blog for years (I think I found it right before SJ came home). I am so happy to read about this new addition. It has been amazing to watch your kids grow and change over the years. Thank you for sharing your story. You inspire me with your posts. Love the pictures of you and hubby seeing the U/S, priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy for the whole family! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on awesome news! I just LOVE the look on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Scrolling back thru older post and totally missed this one prior to the one I just commented on! I guess I can say CONGRATS to you and the hubby on being grandparents! WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!! I had to laught at the "FATHER OF THE BRIDE 2" comment, because we were almost in the same boat. We had Bre along w/new grandson. It was perfect timing. Now she is growing up w "nephews" only a year or so younger than her. I can't wait to see "Baby Dove" join the crew!! Savannah is already GLOWING!!



    PS My mom was referred to as Big Momma by our kids, because they would always call her "momma" when they were younger. The oldest nephew (and first grandchild) came up w/Big Momma. That showed the "distinction" between his mom (which was short in stature) and my Mom. The name stuck and BIG MOMMA STUCK!! Now that I'm a grandmother, I wanted something differnt than "MoMo, MiMi, etc" so my youngest daughter heard that YAYA was "Greek for grandmother" and YaYa is what I'm referred to. No, I don't have ANY Greek ancestry!! LOL!!! I just like the name! Now I have a good friend who also liked the name YaYa and that is what her grandkids call her. She lives way on the East Coast so confusion is kept to a minimum!! :) Congrats again!!! So excited for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete

Birthdays, Stitches, and a Wedding~

Rosie and Leighton celebrated their birthdays four days apart, and we had a ball at Leighton's Magical Unicorn Waterslide 4 YO party~ It...