said EK last night once she was tucked into bed @ 10pm!!! Why?
After dinner, Scott built a cover for the sandbox... once again he had LOTS of help~
As we stood looking at our great work, I saw tons of fireflies and remembered EK saying to me she had never stayed out late enough to catch them. Tonight was the night!!! Into the yard we went~
And everyone got to hold one and marvel in the miracle of a 'light up bug' {said the boys}. Once they were covered in mosquito bites and sweat, we changed into swimsuits and took chlorine baths in the pool~
About 9:45 we went in, brushed teeth, and went to bed.
The Best Night Ever!!!



love nights with fireflies
ReplyDeleteI totally agree - the best night ever!!!
ReplyDeleteMan I need to come to your house. I've always wanted to see fire flys and well they don't have them here in Florida at least that I know of and have read online. LOL I really have looked this up to where I can go to see them.
ReplyDeleteI glad I'm not the only one who lets their kids take a bath in the pool! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! Gotta love summer! Love the changing coloured lights in the pool too. A super way to wrap up a summer's night.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLove it! It always seems to be the small, spontaneous things that mean the most :)
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful summer fun! Our girls LOVED catching fireflies a few nights ago and have asked every night since. I think a chlorine bath is a WONDERFUL way to wrap up the night!
ReplyDeleteA perfect evening indeed!
ReplyDeleteThe boys look so happy to be helping! What a great day and night for the children.
ReplyDelete