I grew up on Martin Dairy Farm... has been in our family for at least 3 generations.
My grandmother {Mama Martin} lived across the road from the barn and I spent half my life there.
Today we took the littles for a field trip~
Brought back so many memories of when I was a little girl running around with all my cousins.
A few classes from North Hart were taking a tour and we tagged along to hear Jason, Ed, and Scott talk about farming.
Ms. Paula had milk and cookies for everyone~
The calf barn was definitely my favorite part.
EK loved the baby calves, SJ love the chocolate milk, and WP loved the tractors~
Running a dairy farm is huge work from milking 266 cows twice a day (2am and 2pm) to growing/harvesting all the food for the cows.
Couldn't be prouder of Jason and my daddy for the awesome farm they run along with lots of help.
LOVED our Fun Friday {Farm Field Trip}!!!



What a fantastic experience for the children. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh I loved this post about the dairy farm field trip! Your kiddos look like they had a blast climbing on all the huge tractors too.
ReplyDeleteGrowing up I too spent many days visiting a dairy and playing there as my best friend lived on one, such great memories!
Farm field trips are the best! Cute pictures!
ReplyDelete