I saw a great fine motor building activity Pre-K Pages
and decided to put a little different spin on it.
Meet Munchie~
Scott cut a slit to create a mouth on a tennis ball and I added the wiggly eyes... Munchie.
What does he like to eat???
Colors, numbers, letters... just about any skill you can think of~
I used colorful letters (gathered A-Z), put #s (1-26) on the back
and dropped everything into a big basket with a dry erase dice (color dots attached).
SO many ways you could play and even within the same game for various learning levels.
Today...
EK: Roll dice, find letter that color, say letter/sound/word, and spell word that begins with letter. Feed it to Munchie.
SJ: Roll dice, find letter that color, say letter/sound/as many words as she could think of. Feed Munchie.
(later will have her sound out her word and write on dry erase board OR magna doodle)
WP: Roll dice, find letter that COLOR, name the color and try for the letter. Feed Munchie.
Biggest underlying skill is building fine motor skill when squeezing Munchie's mouth open. SO awesome.
After ALL the letters had been eaten, mom had the honor of emptying Munchie. SJ said he had a BIG burp. LOL


Love it! And I'm intrigued with the concept of dry erase dice. How did I not know about these?! ~ Jackie
ReplyDeleteLove it! And I'm intrigued with the concept of dry erase dice. How did I not know about these?! ~ Jackie
ReplyDelete