Saturday, September 19, 2026

September: The First 'Ber-rific Month'~

I don't know where I heard the phrase 'Ber' months, but I loved it and agree that they are some of the best of the year! The cozy holiday months! We are finishing summer and falling into the days of soup, fires, and football. I love getting pics of the grandbabies smiling, showing off birthday gifts, and building sparkly castles~


It's also the time for school field trips. Lennox is in PreK, and they go on lots of them. This year, Mimi is home with Miller, so they went with L to Babyland in Cleveland. What adorable kiddos~

EC is taking voice with Ms. Melissa and growing so much! SJ and EK have settled into a wonderful routine with sweet friends at college~

The August birthdays were finally celebrated with pulled pork sliders, sides, wedding cookies, and cupcakes. Happy birthday to Rosie, Leighton, Scottie, SJ, Susan, Susie, Scott, and Max~

EC gave CA a hair makeover with a wash, CUT, and curls. I'd say she did a great job because CA is beautiful~

Little Loves with the best life~

One of the reasons EC is taking voice is to be stronger on stage at youth group, and it is truly showing~

Our Anne study continues to be SO wonderful! We often let it spill into other subjects like Poetry Teatime. This day EC made raspberry cordial for us to enjoy out on the porch. The smiles tell the story~

We NEVER tire of reading poetry with each other~

Even our canine friends love it~

Thursday has been date night for a very long time, and one of our favorite spots is Up on the Roof, where we can celebrate the sunset of a wonderful day and life~

There is such a sweet vibe this year for school. Seriously, there's nothing we dread or hate. (Even math) They are thriving in all the subjects. In the thick of writing essays for Anne's first book right now. And our new dog Ford is in it with us~

The three Fleemans are adorable!!!

WP has begun Raider meets with JROTC. Scott and PC, along with Matthew, went to the first one and braved the heavy rain. They said the rain was better than the 98-degree sun weather we have been having~

I'm amazed at how WP sits atop this wall, pulls teammates to the top, and helps them over. Good job bud~

Look at those perfect faces~

We are back to loving on our babies for a couple of afternoons a week, and we couldn't be happier~

Leighton and Scottie HAVE to get makeovers when they come~

Snack supper for the win~

Hamilton!!! SJ's graduation gift finally arrived... we took her and a friend (because EK had strep) to The Fox for a 1pm performance~

They gave Scott and I the preview on the way, and boy are we glad they did. All dressed up~

At one point, Scott leaned over to say, "It's all a Rap... and I said yep." SO FUN! These girls pretty much knew the whole thing by heart~

A wonderful cast! We ended with a most delicious meal at Maggiano's~

Savannah and family had a wonderful day on the lake with new kayaks~

How is Hudson 3 months already? Cheers for these two~

CA's art teacher has been out of town, so she has been painting at home... gorgeous work~

I just never tire of sitting around the table. Meanwhile, we have a very sick college girls on our hands~

Cuties~

Ms. Debra reminded us to paint from a real specimen, so we went to the store, bought flowers, and came home to do just that~

Our morning walks have become a favorite daily habit! We snazzed up our binders this week too~

NEW idea! We had all the Anne of Green Gables picture books, so I ordered clear sticky notes and Sharpies for them to trace and color cute illustrations for their journals~

We love having them at out house~


More painting~



Leighton was inspired to paint her own masterpiece~

Friday was great and terrible because HM got her learner's permit~ great! I had vertigo and was so sick~ Terrible, and I missed LL's grandparent day, BUT she brought home my gifts and sent me a smile~ Great!

WP's second meet was at home so Scott and I were able to be there~

Boy, can things get out of hand on the obstacle course! A great team of kids~

I'd say that's a pretty great beginning to SeptemBER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

September: The First 'Ber-rific Month'~

I don't know where I heard the phrase 'Ber' months, but I loved it and agree that they are some of the best of the year! The coz...