Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Twist on Science~

We have finally come to an end of the Apologia Science book
and needed another idea without spending money on more curriculum SO~
 I pulled out our copy of The Burgess Animal Book for Children
and read the first story about a wren and rabbit.
My children LOVE any about animals so they were all in!
As we read the story, we learned new things we didn't know about the animals.
I was looking for a passage we could use for copy work as I read to them.
I found a quick YouTube video to watch then went to work~

 The bigger girls were on their own copying and illustrating their passage.
The little kids had a little drawing lesson and copied the main characters in their journals~
I think this is going to be a fun way to learn about animals and check off the science box as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment