Friday, September 4, 2015

Nature Walk Wednesday and Cook-a-Book Friday~ {All Mixed into One}

We visited Rosie on Wednesday (no photo :)
so missed our Nature Walk and decided we would combine it with our Cooking today.
Last night we had precious friends over for dinner (again no photo)
and they left delicious Asian snacks for us!

You know the really cool thing about kids is they don't care if the plan for the day
is planned to the T or off the cuff.

I spotted the snacks and decided we could take those with a juice box with a book
and take a walk to the lake~
(Good stretch, huh?)
I had everyone pack nature journals, pencil boxes, a nature book, and snack
then we were off down the path to the lake.

When we made it down to the bridge and I stopped them to take a pic,
one of the boys yelled, "A TURTLE!"
Can I just say that was God giving us a sweet creature of nature for the day!

EK scooped him up and I got that photo~
We continued down to the lake and out to sit on the dock!
We had our bible time~

and I brought some poetry books along~
 Reading every poem we could find about turtles and enjoying our yummy snacks~
Because we found the box turtle, 
I read from the nature books to them~
and they sketched/wrote about our new friend~
I had also grabbed a great book called All the Places to Love because of the beautiful illustrations
and as we read, we found a turtle just like our's~

It was the best of days and we were picked up in style~
Maybe combining these two days is really the best!!!
Certainly was today!!!
Looking forward to a great long weekend!

1 comment: