Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A BIG Building Week~

With all 6 kids in school this year I decided it was time for a permanent room
for our learning time.
I looked for tables and desks... even ordered 3 from Target and took them back.
I wanted to build tables that would fit our space so on Saturday Scott went to Home Depot~
 I found plans online HERE and we built our first table on Saturday with our #1 helper~ 
 We built another Monday afternoon and painting began Wednesday...
{My first chalk painting experience and I am hooked!}~
 Two more on Wednesday afternoon and both painted~
 Scott also brought home these old windows from my grandmother's house
and once cleaned up looked beautiful above the table~
 Tuesday was a dr day and afterwards we made our first ever stop at IKEA
for a few goodies including these adorable chairs~
All of the tables are done and in place waiting for Monday to roll around
although they have already used and everyone keeps saying~
"We LOVE our new tables!"
So excited to show you the room once it is ready!

*We cut our tables down to 4' so 2 kids could sit comfortably side by side.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new room!!! We did a mini makeover to our school room this spring and I love it!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them!! He did a great job!!So great to have men in our lives who can build for us isn't it, makes for special family memories.

    ReplyDelete