Matthew 18:5~
"And whoever welcomes ONE such child in my name welcomes me."
I began this post last night and just didn't know where it needed to go...
so I put down the top on my computer and went to bed.
Today we all went to church and I just had an undeniable feeling it was time to try Evie in her class.
~She's been home 13 months completely coccooned with me except a time here
and there with my mom or Rosie here at home.
~She asked to go last week.
~Needed to give her a chance to see I ALWAYS come back!!!
Honestly she screamed her lungs out at first but in one minute it was over
and she was playing with Mills (volunteer) and a baby doll.
I stood right outside the double doors the whole service just in case she needed me...
she stayed the whole time and when I went to get her I found her~
Perfectly fine having a snack.
When she saw me she lit up like a Christmas tree and yelled,
"You always come back???"
YES! I AWAYS come back! Forever!!!
Why was it such a perfect day for Evie to try her class other than she was ready?
The sermon...
It was JUST for me!
Perry preached the scripture we have inscribed on our tshirts...
the one at the top of my post~
Matthew 18:5~
"And whoever welcomes ONE such child in my name welcomes me."
Such an amazing sermon and One everyone could grow from hearing.
Sometime this week please visit http://newspring.cc/ and watch!!!
As I listened I kept hearing the words Welcome One in my heart.
Anyone who WELCOMES ONE such child...
What does Welcome mean to you?
Our Welcome is adoption.
Maybe Welcome means advocating for orphans.
Maybe your welcome is praying for orphans, waiting families, adoptive families/children already home.
Maybe it is welcoming One through adoption or foster care.
Maybe Welcome is finacially supporting an orphan needing care, surgery, or an education.
{Friend Blog Posts you HAVE to read!}
The Bible gives us a clear insight into Welcome~
James 1:27~
Religion
that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:
to look
after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from
being polluted by the world.
Day before yesterday someone shared another video of Holly eating soup with her orphanage mates.
I can tell you I have watched it about a thousand times.
I of course screenshot some photos and have looked at them a thousand times too!
Two things I learned about our sweet baby...
1. She is left handed and
2. She has the sweetest dimple ever~
SHE is our ONE we will be welcoming home very soon!
Since we logged in on February 10 our dossier is making its way through the process fairly quickly and we are looking ahead to travel.
As with all of our adoptions, we have always trusted and obeyed God's lead to bring home each of our children.
We haven't come to them with a giant savings acount ready to take care of all the fees...
just hearts full of faith.
Once again we come to the place where a large sum will need to be wired to China and to be honest we have no idea where it will come from.
We ARE sure God knows and will bless our obedience to trust Him.
In anticipation of Spring we are offering another beautiful color for our ONE tshirts... Canary~
I really love it!
You can order it by clicking the Buy Now button on our sidebar.
Our sales have been very steady and we are so very thankful!
This has been a great fundraiser to help bring sweet Holly home.
Back to Welcoming One and how you can specifically bless our Holly...
~Pray for God's providence
~Buy a tshirt
~Donate any amount by clicking the Donate button on sidebar
{You can't outgive God and He is sure to bless immeasurably More than we could ever imagine.}
The Bible says in Ephesians 3:21~
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
We have no idea how God is going to bless this journey to Holly but I can tell you we are excited to see His miracles bless One home to her forever!



I think I'll watch that sermon tomorrow!!! LOVE that your church has a heart for God's children!! :) And so glad that so many of us get to say yes again to ONE more! :)
ReplyDeleteYou have me in tears this morning! So happy she was able to go to Sunday school. Evie has come along way!
ReplyDeleteI love this! and I love the canary color! What size shirt are you wearing in this picture?
ReplyDeleteLOVE how God works! Way to go EC!! 13 months (took my sweet Natalie forever MUCH longer than 13 mo). Can't wait until your sweet Holly is in your arms FOREVER!!
ReplyDeleteSo proud of EC!! Loved the cute pic of HollyMei! Very excited for you guys and know that God will continue to provide for you like He has from the very beginning! So amazing!!
ReplyDelete