Today we read Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree after we caught up 4 days of Truth in the Tinsel~
While and after we read, we did lots of talking and retelling of the story... especially the sequence of animals.
I had a little Christmas mouse for us to make.
EK and SJ took the patterns, traced, and made their mouse all on their own.
For the boys, I traced and they cut on the lines.
For Evie, I cut and she glued. :)
When mice were done, we printed a little book of the animals and let them order the pages while I read the book all over again.
We stapled them to the back of their mouse.
Wanted to mention when we are shopping @ Michaels, I pick up little books of stickers for the kids to use when writing stories in their journals~
After lunch we kept Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree going as I had EK and SJ choose their favorite animal from the story to research~
We read facts online and watched a couple of YouTube videos about their animal.
EK~ Fox
SJ~ Bears
Once they had some information they drew the animal in their journal and wrote some facts.
Super work everyone!!!



LOVE Mr Willowby's Christmas Tree!!! Ours is wrapped just waiting to be chosen. I myself have tried to peek to find it, but got caught by Miss N who said "Mom" you can't do that. Anxious mommy to get open one of her favorites.
ReplyDelete