Plans and schedules are key when schooling, cleaning, and cooking for a semi-big family.
Over the summer I tried to clean every two weeks on a Free Friday
(I cleaned and kids played)
but decided cleaning all in one day just didn't work for us
(can't miss a day of school)
so I have gone back to a cleaning schedule and it worked great this week.
My SIL Amy shared a great Peek at the Week printable this week with me and I LOVE it.
I am able to record meals, things to do, errands, etc right on one sheet.
On Saturday I made out our week of menus for all three meals and made our grocery list.
I am very blessed that Scott is very willing to go to the store for me!
Our Menus this Week:
Breakfasts: cereal/muffins, eggs/bacon, sausage/egg casserole, waffles, baked oatmeal, and pancakes
Lunches: ham/biscuits/veg, ham/cheese/fruit/pretzels, nutella sandwiches/fruit, mac and cheese, noodles or rice
Dinners: Calzones/salad, grilled burgers/pasta salad, spaghetti, tacos, BBQ chicken/baked potatoes, Mexican out, leftovers
Snack in the afternoon after rest
Cleaning for the Week:
Monday: Laundry for Scott and I~ clothes, sheets, towels
Tuesday: Dust, straighten up
Wednesday: Laundry for boys~ clothes, sheets, towels
Thursday: Clean bathrooms, straighten up
Friday: Laundry for girls~ clothes, sheets, towels and iron
Saturday: Floors and Rosie does her laundry
Sunday: Rest!!!
{Some days I can work some of my cleaning in during school especially laundry and other things have to be done after rest time.}
Helper Chart:
I sat down today and created a super simple 'Helper Chart' for the kids.
They are really great about helping me but is often hap hazzard.
Now they will have a list of Have To jobs and Pick One~
Have To Do jobs are done before school
and the Pick One jobs are done when school is complete.
They move their clip to appropriate job and get busy.
I chose to call this a Helping Chart as opposed to Chore Chart because it just sounds a little more positive.
I don't want them to see jobs as a negative choice!
I look forward to getting this new procedure underway on Tuesday.
Colossians 3:23
Work willingly at whatever you do,
as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

Thanks for sharing this! I've been going back and forth with cleaning all at once or doing it a little bit at a time. I think I need to continue one chore each day. I don't think Addie could stay occupied that long of a time by herself, even if I plan things for her to do. Just too young yet! Anyway, thanks for sharing - I'll probably copy this and adapt for my house. :) Love your chore chart too - so cute!
ReplyDelete