Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

A Gift that Keeps on Giving~

With a big family it is necessary to find cheap, easy, healthy, and tasty recipes to try. 

I recently found this yummy one @ Inspired to Action.

Salsa Chicken

Ingredients

  • 2 cans black beans
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • 1 jar salsa
  • 2 cups corn frozen
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup cheese

Directions

  1. Put all but last 2 ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low 8 hours. Serve over rice, chips, salad, burrito sized tortilla or taco shell.

 AND this is my crockpot I cooked in all afternoon~

Yes... it is 26 years old given to us as a wedding gift and still putting dinner on the table after all these years. 

 A Gift that Keeps on Giving!

PS. Everyone loved it... even SJ and she is super picky!!! 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. I first read the ingredients and thought...YUM!!
    Then saw your your Crockpot and my thoughts were, WOW that's an "OLD CROCKPOT" LOL
    I will have to try this one!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds SUPER yummy!!! And.... My Mommy has the exact same crock pot!! It must be a great one! :D xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE that recipe :)although sometimes substitute brown beans for the black at times!
    What a crockpot / they just don't make things like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one similar that my mom gave me years ago and I use it all the time! I will have to try this recipe very soon!



    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe! It looks delish! Love, love, love crockpot cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying that next week! Can't wait. More crockpot recipes, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's almost like a recipe that I do...but mine I take a bag of frozen chicken thighs...think it's 2.5 lbs (put in crock pot frozen), and one jar of salsa...I use the archer farms one WITH black beans and corn in it. :) It tastes yummy over salad, chips, or tortillas and is super easy!! Ye haw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good one to try! I have the same crock pot as well! My mom got me a larger one a few years ago as I have 7 I am usually cooking for and I need a bigger one for soups...but I use my small one frequently as well!
    Thanks for the easy and quick recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to have to try this meal out for my small family of 3 ;O)

    ReplyDelete