With a big family it is necessary to find cheap, easy, healthy, and tasty recipes to try.
I recently found this yummy one @ Inspired to Action.
Salsa Chicken
Ingredients
- 2 cans black beans
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 jar salsa
- 2 cups corn frozen
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheese
Directions
- Put all but last 2 ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low 8 hours. Serve over rice, chips, salad, burrito sized tortilla or taco shell.

I first read the ingredients and thought...YUM!!
ReplyDeleteThen saw your your Crockpot and my thoughts were, WOW that's an "OLD CROCKPOT" LOL
I will have to try this one!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Lori
Sounds SUPER yummy!!! And.... My Mommy has the exact same crock pot!! It must be a great one! :D xo!
ReplyDeleteWe LOVE that recipe :)although sometimes substitute brown beans for the black at times!
ReplyDeleteWhat a crockpot / they just don't make things like they used to.
I have one similar that my mom gave me years ago and I use it all the time! I will have to try this recipe very soon!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Robin
Can't wait to try this!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recipe! It looks delish! Love, love, love crockpot cooking!
ReplyDeleteI am trying that next week! Can't wait. More crockpot recipes, please! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's almost like a recipe that I do...but mine I take a bag of frozen chicken thighs...think it's 2.5 lbs (put in crock pot frozen), and one jar of salsa...I use the archer farms one WITH black beans and corn in it. :) It tastes yummy over salad, chips, or tortillas and is super easy!! Ye haw!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good one to try! I have the same crock pot as well! My mom got me a larger one a few years ago as I have 7 I am usually cooking for and I need a bigger one for soups...but I use my small one frequently as well!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the easy and quick recipe!
I am going to have to try this meal out for my small family of 3 ;O)
ReplyDelete