Sunday, November 4, 2012

Orphan Sunday~

November is National Adoption Month and today is Orphan Sunday. One of my favorite quotes~

“We learned that orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they’re not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes.” – Radical by David Platt.

There are two precious orphans waiting in China to come home to their forever and a precious friend of mine just happens to be in China right now adopting her son and MET EvieClaire this week!
 These were her sweet words:

Sharon, I was able to meet Wen Fan yesterday! She is adorable! A gorgeous little doll! She is so teeny tiny. Maybe 12 mo. sized clothes. She came out to see what all the noise was in the hallway and I spotted her right away. I got down on my knees and said "Ni hao" to her and she immediately started crying and ran towards her nanny. But she later followed me down another hallway and stood outside the door checking us out. When we walked back out again, I said hello to her and again she started crying. But instead of running to her nanny, she ran to another little girl named Xiaomeng (CHOW-mung) who is Annie's daughter. You know Annie, don't you? The two of them are buddies even though they're so different in age, height, development, etc. I was able to take many photos of her, but my Internet connection here in Zhengzhou is horrible so I can't get them to send, but I'll keep on trying. She is beautiful! A total doll. She is healthy and doing very well. She is a favorite of the nannies and they love to hug and kiss her.

 And now for the proof~
 My heart is exploding to hold and LOVE her forever!!!
The little girl in pink is waiting for her forever too.

I can't put into words what a blessing adoption has been for our family. There are more than 143 million orphans in the world, ALL deserving the love of a family and Forever! If there is anything I can say to you that will make a difference... PRAY! Pray for orphans to find their family. Pray for what God might be calling you to do. Pray for our family as we continue to raise funds to travel for our two orphans that will have their forever hopefully by the new year.

I know three littles that love has changed forever~
  and two more waiting~

On Orphan Sunday, Christians stand for the orphan. We are a people called to defend the fatherless…to care for the child that has no family…to visit orphans in their distress.
Sermons and small groups, concerts and prayer gatherings, shared meals and youth activities—each rousing believers with God’s call to care for the orphan, and what we can do in response.
From many sources, one voice. On November 4th, 2012, thousands of events echo across America and around the globe, all sharing a single goal: that God’s great love for the orphan will find echo in our lives as well.
Orphan Sunday is your opportunity to rouse church, community and friends to God’s call to care for the orphan.
Francis Chan for Orphan Sunday

12 comments:

  1. Blessings to your orphans no more and come on TA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely precious. I can't believe your travel is quickly approaching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your waiting babies in China are just absolutely adorable as are the three who have come home already. God bless your family and I hope the TA comes soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get to travel to get your two new little ones. What a blessing! We met you almost one year ago in China when you adopted your son. What a blessing to find your blog on We Are Grafted In and on Orphan Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get to travel to get your two new little ones. What a blessing! We met you almost one year ago in China when you adopted your son. What a blessing to find your blog on We Are Grafted In and on Orphan Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Precious!
    You'll be holding your newest blessings before you know it, can't wait to see a picture of five smiling little ones together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying TA comes very soon!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your story has definitely made an impact! I can't wait to hold our little girl for the first time and I haven't seen her face. My children pray for her each night and pray that she is being well looked after. That those who surround her are being kind to her and are taking care of her needs. I hope you guys get your TA soon! I am not even at that stage yet and it is killing me that I can't get my dossier in quicker. The lady who was suppose to do our homestudy canceled our appointment this week due to family obligations and will not be able to meet with us until the week after next. Until we meet with her we can't send in the 1-800. Ugh! I guess it is all in the Lord's hands and he has the perfect girl in mind and therefore the delay. Thank you again for sharing your journey daily. I have started telling everyone I know about our journey in hopes that they too might find in their hearts a place for these beautiful children. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sharon, isn't it just like our amazing Heavenly Father to be so in the details that He arranged for our girls to be friends!!!! When I think back to all that had to happen for us to find each other and just in time for Kelli to travel! He is just AWESOME like that!!! I pray that we can get Xiaomeng home SOON as I know she will miss her sweet little friend and so that we can hopefully get them together again:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon, I don't know if you noticed but our girls seem to be sharing that necklace (?) as well!!!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a blessing, soon, both of your orphans will be in your arms.
    Come on TA.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. your family is so beautiful! Don;t you JUST LOVE that Francis Chan video! He truly speaks my heart!
    You are so blessed, and I am looking forward to following your journey and praying your two new precious ones home!
    God BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Birthdays, Stitches, and a Wedding~

Rosie and Leighton celebrated their birthdays four days apart, and we had a ball at Leighton's Magical Unicorn Waterslide 4 YO party~ It...