We didn't have any idea we would be adopting two children this time.
As a matter of fact, my friend Donna told me to petition for two in our home study and I didn't listen~ tiny mistake!
We came home with WP thinking we were going back for Grayson and God had different plans.
(PS. Grayson's (Grey) forever family leaves tomorrow for China. It won't be long now before they are all united and forever begins. Please click on Kim's blog Shouts of Joy to follow their journey.)
We continued the process believing God was leading us to another son.
In looking through many files, we just didn't see him but did find her!
I just knew her when I saw her~ no way to explain... I just did.
About two weeks ago, WP had a little episode about dress up clothes and it was the first inkling that a brother might be in the future.
I even said to Scott~ WP needs a brother to which he ignored. :)
I was really kidding but then not really... maybe next time? Next time??
I mentioned all of this to my friend Donna and the next words out of her mouth were~
WHY don't you get him this time?
It hadn't even crossed my mind!
Scott and I met lots of families in China adopting two children and thought it would be SO hard... never thinking it might be us... now it is.
Back to the story... Donna said she had the perfect file sitting in her box and forwarded it to me on a Monday.
Scott was out of town for the week and I went to Bible study that Tuesday morning~ Nehemiah~ prayed about everything.
I begin to pray that God would tell Scott we should bring home two and not let it be about me.
I left Bible study with a heaviness on me that we were indeed to adopt two but HOW?
HOW could we bring two home when one was stretching us already?
I sent Scott a message with the photo and asked him to pray.
Throughout the week, we contacted doctors, talked to other adoptive families, etc. :)
In reviewing his file, we determined his special need was very doable and he would be a great fit for our family.
Obsticles that stood in the way...
~ Did our agency allow two at one time? (already knew yes) YES!
~ Was he still on the shared list? (over a year) YES!
~ Was he special focus? (had to be for us to bring him home) YES!
~ Could our family qualify to bring two home together? YES!
We couldn't say no.
There was only one thing left to do~ LOCK and send LOI.
(LOI~ letter of intent to adopt, LOA~ letter of acceptance to adopt)
SO on day 50 of our LOA wait for EC, we sent LOI on Monday for PC and now we have to amend our home study to adopt two children, wait for immigration once again, and wait for PC's paperwork to catch up to EC's.
(Scott later admitted he had had thoughts of another son but didn't say a word... :)
We are not sure of travel timeline, we don't know who will be going with us, we don't know how it is all going to happen, but we DO know WHO is sending us and HE already has the plan.
Our interim pastor spoke on Matt 18:1-5: The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven~
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
His bottom line was: Be in wonder of God instead of wandering off.
Evie and Payne came to my mind and I kept imagining first of all their the chance to know God in our family and secondly, they would know the wonder of being a child~ playing, security in a family, siblings to grow up with, a mama and daddy's love.
It thrilled me to no end!!!
I stand in wonder of the One Who has called us again to bring a precious one home and we intend to not wander off.
I have updated the Joyful Heart auction which went by the wayside during vacay and starting home school~ so sorry.
I have a list of 6 friends that added our button to their blog... please let me know if you did or will add as I will be drawing for the bag and camera strap on Friday!
(Copy code from sidebar to add to your blog)
I also have a new item up and relisted several others~ please stop by and place a bid.
I also want to ask if you know of someone that would offer an item for us~ Etsy shop, friend that makes something awesome, something you create, anything~ Please email me!
It would mean so much to the success of the auction because we now need to raise 2 orphanage fees~ $5600 X 2 = $11,200!!!
Some may say that is impossible but I know GOD is way bigger than two fees and He loves Evie and Payne very much.
Please help us raise the funds we need to travel!!!
Blessings to all!





So excited to see you are bringing home two Beautiful China babies :) Added new button to my sidebar.
ReplyDeleteLove your blog... you are a true inspiration!!! I added your button to my blog!!
ReplyDeletemikebrandiandavery.blogspot.com
Blessings!
Brandi :)
Congratulations Sharon! What a pleasant surprise to see you are bringing two beautiful babies home. I bet your family is so excited. Looking forward to reading all about your journey.
ReplyDeletexo
I have been following your blog for some time and I love it. I was wondering if you could tell us all of the children's ages. Are the new two children younger than the rest of the gang? Thank you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I don't know how you do it... I'm having the hardest time convincing my husband that 2 littles (in addition to my grown son) just isn't going to complete our family! We're still waiting on our LID for MaryClaire. Maybe we'll travel together!
ReplyDeletePS
I added your button to my blog (Don't go there to check... it's sadly been
neglected since bringing Parker home!)
So excited for you.
ReplyDeleteYou are our second friend choosing to go for two. You've got me thinking!
love.love.love!
ReplyDeleteoh and of course I added the sidebar:)
ReplyDeleteThis fills me with SOO much joy ! I am so blessed to have you as my wonderful aunt !! Scott's and your faith in God is INCREDIBLE, it is energizing to my own faith! I love you both so much!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSO excited for you!! Thankful I got to be a small part of your miracle :)
ReplyDeleteI had no idea one could bring 2 home at once either...Leave it to Donna to know the ends and outs of it all. Our God WILL supply ALL the needs according to His riches in glory for these sweet babies to come home to their forever family!!! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't be more excited for you and your sweet family! In fact, I secretly wanted you to add another son too when you introduced Evie!
ReplyDeleteYou are crazy girl! I love crazy :). When you shared about Evie Claire I told Matt that it meant you were not done - to me she was your bonus :). I knew you were called to have at least one ore son! Hopefully when my kids get in school this week and our lives get a bit more structured I can figure out a way to help you somehow! You have an amazing gift and it is so great to see how you have offered it up :)
ReplyDeleteLove you my sweet crazy friend
xo ellie
This is truly such a wonderful moment! How exciting for you & your family!! I cannot wait to follow this journey more. Blessings!! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you! These two children are precious! I just added your button to my blog! Blessings, Sharon
ReplyDeleteWow, wow, WOW!!!! Congratulations on another blessing being added to your family!!!!
ReplyDeleteThese two are some of the luckiest children...Congrats to your family! You're truly an inspiration to us all, Shay!!! Looking forward to following your journey.
ReplyDeleteWith hugs and love,
Gail
I can't wait to see this two wonderfuls smiles in home!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm pleasant to be a small part of the big plain God have for you and your wonderful family.
Nobody knows where and when could start the miracle of the love.
Thank God two more blessings in your home. Two childs who never being and orphan again.
I pray the could be at home at christmas!!
Love and hughs from Spail
Love this! God's plan often is always best! I love both of their names! So sweet :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing their stories. What a blessing! I can't wait to follow along as you travel. God is so good!
ReplyDeleteA Double Blessing of JOY for your family, Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSuch amazing stories, thanks for sharing!
love hearing awesome news like this...congrats
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you! Congratulations. 2 less orphans in the world!! You give me inspiration that, we too, can go back....hmmmm!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!! I would love to add my book, One Thousand and One Tears, to your auction. Please email me at muse25@juno.com so we can chat. Love the names! I have an Evie, too!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new additions! What a blessing they will be for your family and your family for them!
ReplyDelete