Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day~

Being a mom is the greatest calling of my life~ both blessing and joy! 
This day is special because of these beautiful people God has placed in my life~
I don't think 26 years ago I would ever have dreamed this life Scott and I have built through God's blessing. Our three originals given to us through birth, our son in law through marriage, and our five given through adoption~ absolutely no difference in the love we have for any of them. 

I wouldn't be the mom I am without an amazing role model in front of me... someone who gives her own life away each and every day for her children and grandchildren~
 
My Mama~
The one that knows all my secrets and loves me anyway. The one that has heard me say we are going back to China many times and only gives me support. The one that keeps my kids on a whim just when I need her. The one that is my greatest cheer leader, protector, and advice giver. The one that loves my children as much as I do! The one that loves me unconditionally forever!!

Our afternoon was spent around the pool just hanging out with our kids and family~
 
I had a wonderful day doing the things any mom does any other day of her life... giving it to all the people around her and you know what? I wouldn't want to BE, DO, or GO anywhere else in the whole world. Because remember...
Being a mom is the greatest calling of my life~ 
both blessing and joy!

“Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ”   ― Elizabeth Stone

3 comments:

  1. Today at church I heard that motherhood is a divine stewardship between mothers and the Lord. I don't know why this is just ringing true for me since I have always known that my children are not really mine, but his; however, today something about this rang so true. Families are so important to Heavenly Fathers Plan. I am so happy you had such a wonderful day!

    Oh, I don't know if you guys are done with adoption or even thinking about it given you just got home, but on Rainbow Kids there is a little girl and a little boy who are siblings. Their mother couldn't take care of them and I believe left them with grandma who can no longer take care of them. They are so beautiful and they do not have any special needs. I believe they are 6 and 8. Anyway, your family came to mind because I remember you mentioning that you might like to adopt an older child. I wish I could get my husband to scoop them up. Happy Mother's Day and thank you for being like a mother to me through our journey of adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day! Wishing you the very best on Mother's Day! Thinking of you and your family today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics! Love that quote! So thankful for our wonderful moms!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Fall is in the Air~

 Little Hudson is 4 months old, and I think his sister is very proud~ Daybreak at Legacy View is SO beautiful~ Snaps from the days of Huddy ...