Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Two Kitchen Things~

Up until just this week we have been making pancakes two at a time in an iron skillet.
Enough!
Scott ran to Walmart and bought this amazing griddle which makes 8 at a time~
AND I made a huge discovery while making dinner this week.
I had put my frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot at lunch and when it was time to shred them up for poppyseed chicken,
it dawned on me to use my 1986 (wedding gift original) to shred RIGHT IN THE CROCKPOT!!!
Add the cream of chicken and sour cream too, then mix with mixer!!!
Is that not brilliant? and easy? and faster? and less to wash?
I made this yummy recipe in half the time and look forward to using this new method in lots of my dinner plans!

Poppyseed Chicken
Cook 10-12 chicken breasts in the crockpot with can of chicken broth.
Once done, pour off most of broth and shred with hand mixer.
Preheat oven 350.

Add in 1-2 cans of cream of chicken and 1 8oz sour cream. Mix.
Add 1 tsp poppyseeds.
Add to glass dish (I can get two pans from this recipe)
Crush 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers for each pan and sprinkle over chicken mixture.
Melt 1 stick of butter and pour over first pan. Repeat for second.

Bake 20-25 min until bubbling and crackers are golden brown.
Serve over jasmine rice with a side of black eyed peas. Add a roll and you have a delish dinner served!!!

You're welcome!

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!! Why didn't I think of the hand mixer trick! This was a huge blessing tonight and my family is thrilled that shredded chicken dishes just became easy so more meals to come in the future with low stress prep for mom. Thank you for sharing your discovery with us...particularly for those of us with larger than average families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip ~ and thanks for the recipe. Sounds like something my family will love!

    ReplyDelete