Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Star Shining in the Night~

This week we have pretty much done our normal school work with a small 'booktivity' afterwards.
Today we read Little Porcupine's Christmas spotlighting the Christmas Star
and sang Do You See What I See.
For art I pulled out our Starry Night poster as well as tons of supplies~
I drew with them as we recreated our our versions and imagined what it must have been like
that night in Bethlehem when Jesus was born under The Star~
 I have found just letting them be free to create as they wish really brings out their personalities~
 as well as their own need for individual techniques (Evie=More)~
I think we have some Van Goghes on our hands!!!

Matt 2:1-2
After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magia from the east came to Jerusalem 2and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment