Monday, May 5, 2014

HollyMei Update~

Saturday night as I sit editing photos from Rosie's prom 3 new photos of HollyMei 
popped up from our social worker Bekah.
It would be our last before we travel...
that one thought takes my breath away!
We can actually say we travel next month!!
The measurements were pretty much the same from her birthday party but the PHOTOS is what meant the most.
To SEE your baby just balms the soul with God's love.
Here she is~
our 4 year old HollyMei waiting for her forever~
{taken in Sept}

{taken May 3}


It thrilled me to no end to see the cute little flower clip in her hair and THAT smile... no words~
It amazes me still when I look at my waiting child and KNOW she is mine without a single doubt.
Every single time God whispers to my heart...
she is your's and I love you.

She just got Katie today and she is Holly's orphanage friend.
Jamie plans to visit the orphanage this week and pray over our girl!


We have a lot to do before we hit the tarmac @ Hartsfield Jackson.
Some things that are just second nature such as collecting things we need
and packing 3 suitcases.
Some not so expected as I have a necessary female surgery scheduled for Wednesday of this week.
Just not something I can put off and honestly better to take care of it now
 so I don't have to be away from Holly not to mention the recovery.

I have a peace about the whole thing.
I kind of think it is God's way of making me rest before we head back to China. :)

Funny story...
As we were telling the kids I would need surgery, one interrupted and one said, "Like Madeline?"...
Me: yes
Little: wow, mom's having her appendix out.
{and they all just wandered off with no more questions}
NO judging but I wasn't about to correct them!
After all, isn't explaining an appendectomy easier than a hysterectomy?
ummmm yes!
Anyway, all is well and I will have plenty of help!
Scott and mama plan to make sure of it.

Psalm 103:2-4

Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--  who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,  who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.



12 comments:

  1. She is just beautiful. Such a sweet little soul in that face. :) And those jeans!!!

    Blessings on your surgery. Wish I lived near you to bring you a meal. Yes, rest and recover, and let the rest go, with all that you have coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that look in her eyes! So excited for you all! Good luck with the surgery, you are in our prayers.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute photos. I loved the one with the cute barrette too. Best of luck and wishes for a speedy recovery. I just has the same surgery at the end of March. Rest and take your meds :)
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yay for HollyMei smiling photos!! in no time we will be seeing lots of photos of her sweet face. I'll be praying for your surgery - and your littles crack me up ;)

    xoxo ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for ya the next few weeks! God's in control...LOVE that little smile & flower clip in her hair!!! Such another beauty! Can't wait to see her little personality shine! Blessings, Love & Prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, I have been praying for you all already as you wait to travel, but I will add your surgery to my prayers! I had that surgery in 2012 and was blessed with such an improvement in my health because of it! Let others help you and take it slow as you recover so you do not set yourself back.
    The photos of Holly Mei are SO cute! I love her bow too! And that smile!! It won't be long now and she will be in your arms!
    Blessings, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweetheart...I know you can't wait to get your hands on her :)
    Can't wait to follow your travels to get her.

    Prayers for you also ~ rest and take it easy!!

    PS...The comment above was me posted from my DD's signin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. precious pics of your sweet girl!!! I'll be praying for you this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is ADORABLE Sharon!!!! Love her little flower in her hair. Too cute!!!! Praying for you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I see hints of Evie! Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon, what a lovely family you have! My son, Patrick, and his wife, Lauren, are going to China in the next month to adopt Ellie. I'd love to email you to ask you some questions! My email is nancy.childers@gmail.com. *I found out about "the littles" this weekend when I saw LuAnn Drum. I met Pam Norman and was telling her about my new grand baby Ellie when she and LuAnn told me about your family. Congratulations!!
    Thanks,
    Nancy Childers
    Nancy Childers

    ReplyDelete