This morning we were in the school room when I heard a hissing sound coming from the kitchen.
I had EK peak around the corner and she asked if there was supposed to be smoke coming from the dishwasher...
I rushed to see and had a slight panic.
I opened the door to check it and water shot out everywhere
AND it wouldn't turn off even when I pushed cancel.
I panicked again!
I called Scott, no answer.
I called my neighbor, no answer.
I called my brother, no answer.
Still panicking... I kept thinking water, smoke, electricity... not good!
Finally both Scott and Jason called... reminding me to kick the breaker.
Scott just happened to get a repair man on the phone as Jason walked in my door!!!
Then the repair man.
With the breaker kicked and the washer off, it was determined water had seemed into the control panel,
making it overheat and melt... thus the smoke.
THE SMOKE... made my house stick like burned plastic.
The repair man told me to pour coffee in bowls around my house and it would soak up the smell~
But NOT my dishwasher... it's a goner and will have to be replaced.
For now we are washing dishes the old fashion way. :)
The littles think it's SO fun!