Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

This is the Stable~

Today when we finished our fifth day of Truth in the Tinsel EK picked our book of the day...
 EK was the reader today and as she read everyone had a turn finding the Christmas story character and adding it to our manger scene.
Great fun matching illustrations and talking in depth about all things baby Jesus!

My very favorite thing to display each Christmas is my Willow Tree Nativity Scene...
and each child sent enjoyed comparing their nativity with the big one~
We keep their scene on the shelf right under the Willow One and they play with it several times a day.
I printed a nativity scene and we moved to the kitchen for some watercolor painting.
{Needed a very low key art activity for today!}

We are memorizing Isaiah 9:6~
For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing on this blog...honestly it has shaped our homeschool journey so much and you inspire me to teach my little ones! We just started "Truth in the Tinsel" yesterday after I read your blog post and I already love it. I seem to struggle to ever get it together enough to do arts or crafts with my little ones and this is a great (and easy) way for me to incorporate this, plus I LOVE that we are reading Scripture and learning about the meaning of Christmas! Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas. I think we are going to try out Five in a Row soon after seeing all the wonderful learning going on at your house :) I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love when they play with the nativity, listening to them...blessings!

    ReplyDelete