Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankful Day 3 {Orphan Sunday}~

Today I am SO thankful for my beautiful children~
Bigs and Littles alike!
They are my heart walking around outside my body...
the VERY soul of why I was created to be on this earth!!
I ADORE each one and live to show them!!!

Today is Orphan Sunday...
On Orphan Sunday, Christians stand for the orphan. We are a people called to defend the fatherless…to care for the child that has no family…to visit orphans in their distress.

As I pondered how to share my heart concerning the orphan I thought of David Platt's quote...
“We learned that orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they’re not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes.” – Radical by David Platt.

 I want to share our little faces before we knew each other and how everything changes~

Shuang Jiang~ EllaKate

Jing Jing~ ShayleeJoy

Minzhong~ Will Perry

Qingying~ Payne Curtis

Wen Fan~ EvieClaire
Qiuhan~ HollyMei
{Still waiting for her forever}


Maybe you have prayed or thought about adoption in the past...
 more than anything we want to encourage you to reach and pursue your calling.
We would LOVE to be an encouragement to you and support your journey along the way.
It is not an easy road or even a popular one but I promise it is blessed beyond measure.
Over and over we have experienced God's provision to bring home our children.

Maybe you aren't called to bring ONE home but we are all called to take care of orphans.
There are lots of ways you can bless ONE...
~ finacial support for a family waiting to travel
~ Sponsor ONE waiting for a family
~ Help with a surgery needed by ONE
~  Sponsor ONE that may never have a family
~ Pray for the ONE47 millon orphans in the world

Nothing speaks louder to the plight of the orphan than scripture~

 Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do right; seek justice.
    Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
    plead the case of the widow. 

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.


In the past months as we have felt God calling us back to China once more for HollyMei,
He has given me another scripture as encouragement for our journey...
Matthew 18:5
And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
ONE...
Love ONE, Adopt ONE= Support ONE
Today seems like the perfect day to reveal ONE way you can support our family in bringing home sweet HollyMei.
 Love Adopt ONE tshirts~
 I think my Favorite thing about these shirts is they reflect every single place on Earth that is home to an orphan.
No matter if a child is from North or South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, or Austrailia...
This shirt represents their plight.
Each ONE is loved desperately by the ONE that loved us first.
Wouldn't you love to share your love for adoption by wearing this shirt?~
 We have several colors and come in every adult size~
{Kid sizes too!!! S, M, L, XL}
 You can order with a comment here, an email, a FB message, or going to our Paypal button in the sidebar.
We are asking for a donation of $20 per shirt with a shipping cost of $2.
Please know we will do our best to get your order filled as soon as possible.
We are Thankful to share this ONE shirt on Orphan Sunday and pray God's richest blessings for each and every ONE of you!!!
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a great post! Showing before and after pics are perfect! Looks at them now! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday, on Abby's gotcha day, I was telling her all about it and how the first night I gave her a bath, put her in new, pink pajamas, gave her a bottle and put her to bed and that she woke up 3 times that night. As I was telling her I felt overcome by the love I have for her and how I loved her so fiercely before I even knew her. Then it occurred to me that before I "knew" her, it feels like my heart and soul always knew she was going to be mine. How is it that God can make the heart grow and grow and it never fills all the way up? What a gift(s) we've been given.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. All of you are blessed !!
    I love the tee shirt
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post!! I have two bio "BIGS" and one little sis, adopted from Guatemala, who is 8. I would love nothing more than to adopt one more... from China and allow her to have a closer in age sibling, especially watching yours all together! Unfortunately, it is not in the cards for me financially, any more. I do support various organizations that support orphans and children... and I am excited to get to travel to Ethiopia in 2014 with a precious friend of mine who is adopting her 2nd little girl.

    If only... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing what LOVE in Jesus' name can do!! LOVE the shirts :)I'm behind...it's been a long 2 weeks, finally have everyone well I hope (smiles)

    ReplyDelete