Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Piano Lessons~

I am always reading blogs and looking for new ideas in teaching our kids.
This past week I happened upon Homeschooling Hearts and Minds to find her kids are taking piano lessons online.
I pinned it to my wall and thought I would come back to it when the time was right.

EK has expressed an interest in lessons but to be honest... expenses with adoption keeps us from doing extracurricular activities.

Scott will be the first to tell you I am forever moving things around in the house and this week I have been simplifying the school room.

I actually moved the piano across to the other wall (outside one... gasp) and I guess it made EK think about piano lessons again.
I decided to give the online lessons a try~
 EK caught right on and that sparked SJ into the action... then Evie... then the boys. :)
Here are the girls after their first lesson.
EK~

SJ~

The boys singing the song~
 They are already asking if they can have their next lesson.
Praying this continues and they play like Lydia Burgess one day!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, just what I needed before wrapping up my night!!!! Loved it!! Saw that pin and haven't checked it out...may need to...sometimes Miss N gets tired of mommy being her teacher (but we can't afford the lessons either) See if only we were neighbors...my the things we could co-op & trade off on..LOL Happy Piano Playing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Who knew? Online piano lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic story about getting your kids involved in lessons from the internet.

    ReplyDelete