Wednesday, September 11, 2013

An Ugly 4 Letter Word~ {FEAR}

Ever have those days when a lot of stuff comes up and the enemy hands you the Ugly 4 Letter Word... 
{FEAR}!

It started yesterday morning and escalated into a big knot in my stomach by night... 
went to sleep and was still there this morning.
{FEAR}!

The kind that causes you to second guess every decision you've made,
makes every prayer request you've been given to pray for impossible,
causes you to regret things forgiven and forgotten,
makes you look side to side and to the back instead of at the right now (since that is really all we have),
or just gives you a sick feeling deep inside...
{FEAR}!

I woke up to that feeling this morning and ran straight to my Bible for a Fresh Word to calm my spirit...
I also checked my 4 apps for inspiration~
Bible and Word App...
Purpose Driven Life and Jesus Calling.
What did I keep hearing over and over???
God of Peace!
God's best!
God's Sovereignty!
Rejoice!
The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy... John 10:10
and I am NOT letting him steal my JOY!!!
So humble yourselves before God. 
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you... James 4:7

I prayed and prayed this morning and really wasn't in the mood for school 
but I needed to keep the littles' day normal even if I wasn't up for it.
I sourly {sad to say} sat down to read the Bible story to them thinking I had to feed their soul...
WRONG~ MY soul was to be fed straight from the KID Bible~

(Israelites being chased by Pharoah and Egyptians to the Red Sea)
When I am filled with {FEAR}
and act like the Israelites saying... (But there's nothing I can do),
I need to remember Moses' words~
{God will make a way} and allow God to hold {fear} at bay.

Maybe you are struggling with this Ugly 4 Letter Word
and you would exactly be the reason I didn't hit delete on this post
because I wanted to.
I sometimes get criticized that my blog & (life) are too perfect like nothing bad every happens...
I criticize myself for heaven's sake.
Today I am being transparent in hopes I will help another in the same boat.

{FEAR} is not of the Lord~
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, 
but of power, love, and self-discipline... 2 Timothy 1:7

 If this speaks to you in any way and I can be praying for you, please comment or send an email.
Blessings and love!

PS... I have found giving thanks and praising God for what I DO have goes a long way too... just saying.
Be content~ easily said {Now get doing}!

 

 
 

12 comments:

  1. Fear hasn't really hit me, but satan is sure working on our family right now and I know it is because we choose to do something right by adopting . I guess he thinks if he can turn our world upside right now we might cancel the adoption. He doesn't like happy children or families. Could use a little prayer right now if you are do inclined. Love the hair color by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't really known what I was feeling today
    I have tried to keep my faith strong it's really hard sometime
    Thanks for the post. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon you are a special lady with so much love in your heart. I enjoy reading your blog and hearing about you and your husband raising your precious children. I firmly believe none of us live a perfect life so we never know what is going on other people's lives. I truly understand fear and I have been living it for the past 5 years. I have a son who has battled substance abuse issues as well as being ADHD and filled with anxiety and poor self esteem. He is handsome as well as personable. You would never know meeting him how much of a tormented life he has been living. Ye4s my fear is mixed in with continual worry about him. I would appreciate you keeping him in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever had those days..... too many times!!Running to a Savior & His word is the best "weapon". I sometimes wonder if I had of held onto faith and rebuked those fears if events had of been different @ times. With age comes growing and experience and you're right a Thankful Spirit takes you a long way. Thankfully: Romans 8:38 promises "NOTHING can separate us from His love!" John 14:27 reminds us "He leaves us with the gift of peace of mind & heart unlike what the world can give." I pray that with His love He will calm fears & rejoice over you with song(Zephaniah 3:17) and that He will cover you with His feathers and shelter you with His wings I pray that His faithful promises are your Armour and protection and the evils of this world WILL NOT touch you or your family.(Psalm 91:4-8)He IS our DELIVERER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes I know fear well....it can eat you alive true?? I will be praying for you my sweet friend and truly love your transparency. Remember God has you exactly where He wants you and that He NEVER messes up! Hugs friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I am a friend of Lyn Thomas. Have been following your blog for over a year now. We have two bio sons in college and two precious girls adopted from China. Ages 9 and 6. Just returned in april adopting my 6 year old. Some days are still challenging as we work through issues. Fear is my character flaw! Battle it daily and have for as long as I can remember....even as a child. Recently finished 1000 gifts and trying to breath thankfulness in all things......which honors God and opposes the fear. Fear keeps me so close to my good shepherd. I am His vulnerable sheep, frail and wandering in my thoughts.....He is faithful, even as I am fearful......an anchor for my soul. Thank you for sharing, it helps me so to know I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "There is no fear in love but perfect love drives out fear." 1 John 4:18 Praying that HIS perfect LOVE will drive out ALL fear in Jesus' Name!!! So thankful that He filled you with His Word...and I love that it was through your children's Bible ;) I think of the Scripture in Luke 11:11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” What is best may not always look or feel best...but He only calls us to what is best...best for His Kingdom, for us, for our families!!! Btw: I love how you keep it "real" every day while focusing only on His beauty...such a gift!!! Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have only been reading your blog for a few weeks...love it, yet....your life and you seemed to be so perfect, happy, doing exactly what God would have you to do....I often felt discouraged thinking about how many times have I missed out on what God had for me because of selfishness, doubt, and yes that 4 letter word FEAR. Certainly you never felt that!!! Praise God...not for your fear, but for your openness about your fear, and the wonder that our God used even that in you to help me out this morning. Thank you...and isn't God so awesome. Have a wonderful FEARLESS day. I'm copying those verses and will hold tight to them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this post! FOUR letter word I struggle with daily ( the unknown) gets me every time. Holding on tight to the scripture in your post! Love reading your blog everyday, even if your just sharing pictures!!

    Blessing to you sweet friend!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your transparency and yes...FEAR often plagues me as well. I continually ask God to STRENGTHEN my FAITH. I know the "devil is a liar and a deceiver" and there is no truth in him", but we both know...that only gives the devil "fuel" to cast more doubt and fear. I enjoy your blog to the utmost, and while I know NO ONE is perfect, I think your family is truly precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been following along since you brought Evie and Payne home. Love your blog. Sending prayers, strength and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete