Monday, June 3, 2013

Starting Over~

Remember WAY back in January when I shared my word {Time} for the year? For the most part I have done really well with it but then there was the second post of 2013 about 1000 gifts... ummm not so good. I just couldn't keep up and definitely forgot about doing it via my blog even though I went there every single day.
Today while trolling twitter I happened upon two blog posts that really made me stop and think. The first was Ann Voskamp's A Holy Experience: 7 Things You Need When You are Overwhelmed and Can't Keep Up. She shared the beautiful Psalm 23~
The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need. 
 He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams. 
     He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name. 
 Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me. 
 You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings. 
 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
    all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the LorD forever.

She wrote~ "You can think goodness and mercy just follow you, but the Hebrew word for ‘follow’ is radaph’ and it means to “to pursue, to run after, to chase” or, quite literally, “to hunt you down”. The word radaph, that one that goodness and mercy is doing in Ps. 23:6, it is first found in Genesis 14, when Abram discovers that his nephew Lot has been kidnapped and Abram gathers an army of 318 men and “pursued them unto Dan” (Genesis 14:14). The word ‘pursued’ there? It’s is ‘radaph’. 
God is so bent on blessing, He chases.
God’s not out to get you — He’s out to give to you.
And God’s blessings don’t pursue temporarily — but relentlessly. It’s right there in His Word: His goodness and mercy pursue me not just some days — but all the days of my life. When I’m in a wilderness, His mercy and goodness run after me. When I’m hurting, His grace hunts for me. When I’m plagued by problems, His goodness pursues me."

Well I could quote the whole thing but probably best you go read it yourself but it really got me thinking... I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Thinking about lots of stuff!!! Home stuff, family stuff, school stuff, church stuff, friend stuff, adoption stuff... Lots of stuff! 

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should have chosen CONTENT for my word this year... that is a HARD one! But where does it start? Exactly where TIME starts~ with God. HE is the Author and Perfecter of it ALL. To be content and use time for His glory, it all has to start with Him.

The second blog I happened upon was Sally Clarkson's I Take Joy: Cultivating Thankful Hearts in our Children... and boy did it hit home. I've read many things lately about choosing a simple life for our family. I think my favorite quote in her post today was~

"Yet, living out on the country with lots of space to roam, few friends, lots and lots of time together as a family, is probably the best thing that could have happened to my children. Because we did not have lots of toys, our children learned to pretend, to create their own stories, draw and study nature, to make up games, read lots of books and to spend lots of time outdoor with animals, collecting fossils, building forts and gardening with me."

Her scripture for the day was~
I Thess. 5:16-18
“Rejoice always; pray without ceasing;in everything give thanks; 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

That brings me to Starting Over...
You will notice the 1000 gifts page is gone from my header because it just wasn't getting done... wasn't simple enough. Today I printed the June gift guide~
Taped it to the first page in a journal I am beginning for June. I am choosing grace for my shortcomings and Joy for the coming month... how sweet~ Joy in June!

I guess what I'm trying to say is I need simple and I need it now.
 Thankful for two women that don't even know me but spoke volumes into my heart and encouraged me to head to the ONLY One that can keep it simple... Jesus. As Scott said to me this morning~ 
"Let's live today and let God lead us to where we need to be."
Wise words from a very wise husband... so thankful for our love and marriage.
27 years in 18 days to be exact!!!

 

6 comments:

  1. Yeah! So excited for you and your husband. Just remember there is a season for all things and right now that is your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was listening to this EXACT thing on the radio this morning....simple...where has it gone?! I think we all want it back so much! Too many things buying for our time, even so many "good intentional" things. (kindo of why I'm not supposed to be on here but once a week (takin' that tech break)....not doing very well am I? )We celebrate 20 on Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU!!!! For sharing!!!!! I so needed that and was just praying today that I need to "get it together"!! Love you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO thankful I decided to read your blog today!!! Just what I needed to get my act together and trust in God's guidance! Learn to be CONTENT!
    Thank you sweet friend for sharing!

    Love You!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this I had looked at that post this very morning. I am reading a book by sally clarkson right now called seasons of a mothers heart. Boy do I need to hear what she is saying. Hope you have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete