Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

2000+

This week I wrote my 2000th post for Everything Beautiful and thought it a good time to remind myself and maybe others why I write/post every single day~
 The nine people in this photo make my world go round and count me as their memory keeper extraordinaire. Contrary to what some may believe, I do not blog to brag, impress, show off, have something to do, etc. I don't count my comments and decide it's worth by how many followers I have. 
I simply write to remember...
~ to record our most special family moments {even daily boring moments}...
~ for my big girls that aren't with us every single day and miss their siblings,
~ for the littles to look out as a reminder of what family is,
~ for my scrapbook which will be printed into a blog book each year,
~ a way for me to count blessings each and every day,
~ to share our adoption stories so maybe other families will believe it a true blessing and choose to bring home another orphan waiting!!!
To me there is no greater blessing than our children {through birth or adoption} and I choose to celebrate each of them every single day!

Psalm 127: 3-5 

 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. 


Maybe you wonder why I only write about the good things and maybe you even think our family/life is perfect. It is not... we have our ups and downs, disappointments, problems, and hurts and they have a profound impact on who we are as a family but not necessarily things to be recorded... we can usually remember the bad stuff without writing it down. It's the day to day stuff that kind of blurs all together as time passes if not recorded. It's our blessings that are to be counted~
 Look around you... I bet you can find 2000+ just like me!
 
James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father who created all the lights in the heavens. He is always the same and never makes dark shadows by changing. 

12 comments:

  1. Shay, I just love you and your blog! So thankful you have all these precious memories recorded for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally ENJOY your blog! I hear ENOUGH bad in the world and come to this little corner for a little sunshine and LOTS of smiles! Thanks for allowing me to journey along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our kids will be so happy one day (even now!) that we have these scrapbooks/blogbooks to look back on!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your happy blog. Thanks for sharing. Love seeing all the adorable kids you have over there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2000 + BLESSINGS & keep counting sweet friend!! We have LOVED pouring over our blog books of day to day memories, even the ones that at the time seemed "boring". I ALWAYS have believed in speaking sunshine into our sweet ones lives too so keep shining on in this little corner of the adoption blog world & counting those precious blessings! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary my friend!
    I look forward to reading your blog everyday!!!
    Keep up on bloggin.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I love your blog and your photos. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen sista, we sure can remember the bad without writing it all down:). We do tend to forget ALL the good we are blessed with daily. I love that you record it daily for your whole crew! I need to do a little more of that.....have a great summer break, not that it is really a break haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog and find it inspiring as I go through the adoption process!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy checking in each day and hearing about your family. Family is so important and it is worth celebrating! Christian families such as yours are a testimony to the world. Thanks for your diligence in blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your blog (I am a blessed adoptive Mama too). may I ask:
    more details on how you print into a blog book each year??????????????????????
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always love reading your blog. :) I love to blog as well (as you know!) and I blog for all the same reasons. To share what joy Briana brings to my life as well as record/scrapbook our life together. Happy 2000!

    ReplyDelete