Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Evie and Lucy~

While waiting to travel for your waiting child, a family lives through connections and updates with other adoptive families.
This was such the case while waiting for Evie. Through all the red thread connections we have all over the world, God allowed special people to love us through the wait! One was the Kelli Bloomquist who traveled for her son and was able to get photos of Evie and her best friend, Lucy~
 Lucy in pink~
 Evie in red striped coat~
These photos helped us hang on while waiting. It also gave us a glimpse of a very special 'sister' loving little Evie in her China home. 
 
Now my precious friend Annie Hamlin is waiting to travel for Lucy and this week she received photos of Lucy's birthday party. One of the photos was a beautiful one of Lucy smiling... the first Annie has seen of her happy. It broke both our hearts that our girls had to be separated when they were so incredibly close. I couldn't be happier for Annie to have these new photos!!! 
 
AND I couldn't wait to show Evie this morning when she woke up. I printed the photo and gave it to her. I was thrilled to get her reaction seeing her sweet friend again~ 
It was obvious she remembered Lucy and carried the photo around all morning. I can only imagine how amazing it will be when they are reunited one day very soon when Lucy is HOME forever with her sweet family.
  

6 comments:

  1. Hi, not sure if I have ever commented. I LOVE seeing Evie's smile! What a joy for her to see a picture of her friend. I enjoy reading about and seeing picture of all of your sweet children! We live about 35 miles north of Atlanta (Woodstock). I don't drive much but if I did, it would be so nice to meet you and your little miracles on one of your visits to the city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing ever. It made me cry. I can't wait to see them re-united too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can just see the LOVE in sweet Evie's eyes! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious!!!! I love it! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness how SWEET!!!!!! Sending Texas love yall's way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! That smile MADE MY MONDAY!!! SHE REMEMBERS!!!!

    ReplyDelete