Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday {FUN}~

All week everyone has looked forward to Fun Friday this week.
Always with a holiday coming Fun Friday seems to be just a little 'funner'. :) 
We began reading our last 3 parts of Benjamin's Box, opening the last 3 Resurrection Eggs, and completing the last 3 pages of our flip books.
We all took turns reading back through our book and retelling the story of Jesus' Resurrection.

Our BFIAR book this week has been If Jesus Came to My House and I think it is one of the sweetest books I've read to them this year! They all listened carefully and their faces so serious as they thought of what it would be like to have Jesus come over. 

We've done lots of talking and observing using this book but today as I read I decided to pull out paper for them to create their own houses~
 They worked SO hard and turned out adorable. I had each one think what they would do if Jesus visited their house and we wrote it down. 

I glued the roof of their house to the paper so they could lift it up to read their story.

We hung them on our Art Wall~
 I was also able to finally get P&E's silhouette's done and hung a few extra things EK&SJ have made in the afternoons while the others napped.

We headed to the kitchen next to decorate eggs that had been baking in the oven.
Some had cracked and they were all quick to point them out.
It was the perfect time to talk about us not being perfect and just like the eggs we are all cracked. That's why Jesus died on the cross for us... for our cracks (sins) and when He comes to live in our hearts, we become beautiful just like our eggs once they are decorated...
I could see the wheels turning once again. I think this week has been a big growing week for each of them. I hope Jesus is becoming more real to them than ever before~
    I have not been anywhere to buy egg decorating kits so I winged it and tried food coloring... it worked! Each one dyed the water and dropped in an egg. Once they were dry, they decorated with sharpies and stickers. Cute!

Our favorite thing to cook each Easter is Resurrection Rolls~
 so after lunch, we enjoyed our yummy treat because...
Jesus IS Alive!!!!!

Mark 16:6
"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him."
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment