Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Short and Sweet~

I kinda of figured there would be some controversy with Payne's Short hair and I just feel I owe it to him to say...
His curls were cute but that's not what defined him. 
He is the sweetest, brightest, and loving boy. 

We're kind of a short hair kind of family when it comes to boys (Scott, my daddy, my brother, and WP)... just how we roll in the country. :)
Before and after~
SO handsome! 
Same beautiful face, gorgeous eyes, sweet smile, and the curls are still up there... still cute... just not sticking up 3 inches LOL.

And speaking of sweet...
Amelia sent us a photo just before leaving for her Phi dance, Rosie's 'rose's for Val (Hayden), and Savannah & Josh's view in Cancun!~
 Gorgeous and Sweet!
 Then there is the Fabulous Five playing this morning~
 So that's the Short and Sweet of my life right now as we know it.
Everything Beautiful!!! 

THEN when I opened my devotional today, God gave me a hug... I am living to please Him and Him only. I hope this blesses you as much as it has me this morning~

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; I will fear no one. The LORD protects me from all danger; I will never be afraid." (Psalm 27:1 TEV)

The fear of rejection is based on two things. First, we all need to be loved. That's a fact. We all desperately need massive doses of love in our life to be healthy individuals. God says, "I want to love you." God is love, and he knows you need to be loved.

But, second, we develop the false idea that our need to be loved is solely dependent upon one person or a group of people. When you expect someone else to meet 100 percent of your need for love, you're asking for trouble. You're setting yourself up for hurt and opening the door for the fear of rejection. When you look to any other person besides God to meet all your love needs, he or she can't. There is no human being alive that can love you as completely and as fully as you need to be loved, and there never will be. Only God can do that.

So, the first step in overcoming the fear of rejection is to put God in first place, because he's the only one who can ultimately meet all your needs.

Does God ever love us through other people? Of course. Does God want us to love others? Yes. Does he want to use us as channels of love? Absolutely.

But, you will never have all your needs met by any person or group of people. God never meant it to be that way. They just don't have enough love. Human love is limited. God's love is unlimited and unconditional. No matter how deep your need is, he can fill it.

The first step in overcoming the fear of rejection is realizing the Lord, not anyone else, is your light and salvation: “The LORD is my light and my salvation; I will fear no one. The LORD protects me from all danger; I will never be afraid” (Psalm 27:1 TEV). This means I look to the Lord to brighten my day, so I am not dependent on others to make or break my day. I look to the Lord to save my life, so I am not dependent on others to accept or reject me.

And this means I need no longer be afraid.

The key to assertiveness is not to psych yourself up, not to be aggressive and live in a selfish way, but to understand how deeply God loves you. When that really sinks in, you’ll be able to say, “God loves me, and if you don't like me, that's your problem!”

The secret of simplifying life is saying, "I'm going to do what pleases God. If I do that, it sure simplifies life. And, if I please God, it's always the right thing to do. It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks."

God is SO good!!!
  

10 comments:

  1. I think he is absolutely adorable no matter what his hair looks like! I hope someone wasn't rude about you cutting it!!!!! Looks like you have your hands full over there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the curls aren't far away! he probably feels good having it cut!

    Sounds and looks like life is good!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we're a short haired kind of family, too. Our experience with the Asian boys ( one from Korea and two from China) is that they SWEAT!! They play hard and get hot! I think his curls are cute - and yes, they still show up. It's important for these boys "to be like Dad" and the rest of the family. I enjoyed following your trip so much! Blessings to you all! Speaking of haircuts...........I think it's time for some in our family today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boys look so handsome!!! Hope someone wasn't mean about Payne's hair!! He is adorable. Looks like your family is happy and doing wonderfully:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is cute either way....short hair is actually what I prefer with boys. My oldest has curly hair and has to get his cut often. It does make Payne look older...but shows off his sweet face. I hope you were able to get a lock of a curl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're a short-haired family, too! I love the new look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One big happy family! Love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sparkly eyes, the big smiles, the joy in their hearts, shines through ALL your sweeties making them ALL BEAUTIFUL:) including PC!!!!Love opening up to Rick Warren's thoughts every morning too(or when it arrives in my in box) they ALWAYS hit the spot....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your babies are perfectly adorable! Thanks for the devotion you put up just for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. God is so good, thanks for sharing.
    Precious Payne is cute with long or short curls!

    ReplyDelete