Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday~ {Honeymoon or Anniversary}

We can't figure out if we're having another honeymoon or anniversary weekend. :) I guess really and truly... neither but it is just the two of us and that just plain feels weird. Leaving Thursday evening and traveling alone has given us some needed us time. 

Today has been a resting day. We slept very well last night 9:30-4:30 and was able to FaceTime all the kids. Everyone seems to be doing well. 

Most adoptive families will agree... breakfast is one of the highlights of the day! We went down about 7:30 and took our time to drink coffee, eat, and enjoy all the people around us~ praying over every single one!
 It was delicious and definitely fueled us for the upcoming day!
 Everything here is still decorated for Christmas and in the lobby/restaurant, they are still playing Christmas music!!! I LOVE THAT!!! Makes for a light hearted mood! 

Our big outing for the day today was to Walmart. Definitely something to experience!!! We wanted to load up on staples like bread, peanut butter, honey, chips a hoy, Lays, water, Coke Zero (no diet here) and fruit. Healthy right? Ha but necessary!!!
These shot with my camera~
 It is bitter cold here... high of 7 degrees today. Anna, our guide pictured in plum jacket told us we were lucky... last week it was 20 below. Brrrrr! This is crazy but this is a good kind of cold (is there a good kind?) because it is dry and kind of freezes down to your lungs~ refreshing. It really reminds me of Colorado air on the ski slopes. In this province and city lots of places are heated using coal which causes the air to be smoggy and kind of burns our eyes... smells like firecracker smoke. No complaints here though!!! We are SO happy to be back in China~ our second home!!!

Some photos shot with my phone~
 Took all these shots of fish and frogs just for EK!!!~
 The store was decorated beautifully for Chinese New Year already~
 And the last photo of Scott would be the excitement he showed when connected to audio for NFL football!!!

He has gone to the gym to run and I am just enjoying the quietness before our big day tomorrow!!! Riding through the city today I kept thinking about it being Payne's last day with all he's ever known... nannies, friends, bed, and school. Tomorrow is the beginning of his Forever. Praying big for this little one as God blesses us big!!! 

{NO MORE DAYS TO PAYNE} 

25 comments:

  1. Good for you guys. Such a unique and amazing place.

    Can't wait to see Payne pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys made it there safely & are rested up ready for the Big meet!! Girl, I'm up now thinking about ours in just a few days! ;)
    We would really like to meet you guys while in China if that's possible. We will try to stay in touch.
    And yes, Breakfast is divine in China! I'm soooooo ready for my dumpling! Lol! Praying for a special day tomorrow! Can't wait!
    Love the Walkers from Ga.
    Www.thewalkerhousehold.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you guys made it there safely & are rested up ready for the Big meet!! Girl, I'm up now thinking about ours in just a few days! ;)
    We would really like to meet you guys while in China if that's possible. We will try to stay in touch.
    And yes, Breakfast is divine in China! I'm soooooo ready for my dumpling! Lol! Praying for a special day tomorrow! Can't wait!
    Love the Walkers from Ga.
    Www.thewalkerhousehold.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning sweet friend!! SO AWESOME to see pictures of you all in China!! A day of rest is exactly what you needed before you meet Payne!! Praying that Payne realizes right away how much his Dada and Mama LOVE him! I can't wait to see pics of you holding him!! God is Good!!

    Blessings
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHhh....I miss China...the breakfasts...and just the country, the smells, the people. Your post makes me homesick in a way. I am so glad your technology is working...makes the seaparation SO much easier! Praying for you all...Payne, the Littles at home...and Miss Evie.
    SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Thank you for the glimpse into China. The WalMart looks pretty much like WM here. I don't know why I thought it wouldn't, but, whatever. :) I'm glad you got rest! Can't wait to see the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how I miss China!!! I'm so glad you all are getting some quiet time together. I'm with you, Hank and I would not know what to do haha!!I cannot wait to see your post tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet it feels extremely weird to just be a couple and it must be sooo quiet too! However, how nice to have some couple time before meeting your next blessing. Enjoy every moment with your sweet hubby. I can't wait for your next post!

    P.S. Those meat pictures crack me up....grossssssssss! I would probably lose a few pounds there when not eating Sesame Chicken and rice! HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad everything is going well! Hopefully, some warmer weather is around the corner. Hard for us Georgia girls. 1 more day! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your trip is going well. Tomorrow will be one amazing day and I cannot wait to read about it! :) Blessings for a sweet & memorable day tomorrow as you gain one more son.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guy's make my heart smile!!Have a wonderful trip and God Bless!! Can't wait to continue following your amazing journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading your post makes me even more anxious to get back to that very special country. Although if it's that cold where you are, I'm kind-of glad we aren't in Inner Mongolia (M's province) right now! So nice that you have a bit of a break/rest before all of the emotions tomorrow will bring. Praying for you all! ~Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it is so awesome that you and Scott have gotten this time together.... As much as I have LOVED all of our China trips the one alone with Jeff was so special!! Looking forward to seeing your precious son with you TOMORROW!!!!!

    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can hardly wait to see Payne in your arms! Soon!! :)




    janet and gang

    ReplyDelete
  15. could hardly wait to see if you had put anything on your blog..I am praying continually!!!!!love..love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brrrrr that's COLD!!! Yes, the breakfast is such a treat :)and the dumplings!!! (My 40 BDay is in 2 weeks, Shawn keeps asking me what I want to do....get on a plane and go to China our 2nd home!!!...if I can't get a baby I at least want to hold and love on them)Praying for little Payne's heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So excited for you! Can't wait to see Payne with his Mommy and Daddy tomorrow! Now that my computer is back up and running, will be checking it first thing in the morning!! Lots of Love and Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for a great first day! Loved all the pictures you shared...except for fish and frogs. Ha ha. Glad you guys got some good rest and were able to get some things you needed. :) Can't believe how cold it is there - that's MI weather for sure! I bet you're all bundled up! Excited to see pics of you guys with PC!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can's wait to see Payne in your arms!! Blessings, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, although I was ready for a Pop-tart when I was in China...I sure do miss my fried noodles and french toast with strawberry syrup!!! Enjoy the alone time...it might be a long time until you experience that again!! Will be praying for an easy transition for Payne!

    ReplyDelete
  21. And thanks for the Wal-mart pictures. That was another highlight of our trip...brings back memories. Are you in Northern China? Just wondering with the cold temperatures...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Isn't it a totally different trip without a bunch of littles ;). Glad you are embracing the good parts of it. How many times can I refresh your blog tonight-haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's Monday in China!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Praying for your sweet boy!!

    Hugs,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahhhhh...memories of China!! Stirs up so many different emotions! As David and I were looking over your blog, I told him that you are even more cold-natured than I am.....you have got to be frozen! So praying for Payne to have an easy transition. God has already prepared the way! Praying so hard for the littles back here in Hartwell!
    Love from the Brooks Family

    ReplyDelete