Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sweet Joy~

We had the name Shaylee picked out way before we brought her home and one day after we knew she had a serious heart defect, God gave me the scripture~
"A joyful heart is good medicine... Prov 17:22".
It was that day I had the thought to add Joy to her name~
ShayleeJoy!

I sat with her in my arms this morning watching the videos of her forever family day... heart breaking! She cried and cried and cried!
I cried and cried and cried this morning while watching it.
There was certainly NO Joy at that moment for her~
Later on in our room, we saw the first glimpse of her joy!
There is just something about holding your child once home and looking back to that emotional day... there are just no words for how that makes you feel.

 Fast forward one year to her first SJ Day and the transformation is amazing~
I'd say GREAT Joy!

And now I can hardly express how much I love and adore her, how very smart she is (LOVES school)~
and such JOY... she can barely contain it~
Dear ShayleeJoy,
Two years ago, you were broken, scared, and so sick.
I took you in my arms and dedicated my life to loving you healthy.
I can say without a doubt, you are loved beyond measure and God gave us one of our greatest blessings Aug 29, 2010!
You are our Sweet Joy!
We love you to God and back and always will Forever!!!
Love Mama!

13 comments:

  1. Lily's two year is tomorrow! Shaylee has grown so much! What a beautiful smile!
    Much Love,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy SJ day! What a special day for your family. Can you believe it's been 2 years?
    She's so beautiful :)
    Our Harper was yesterday but also big sister's bday. I haven't gotten my photos uploaded & posted yet, but will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible blessing to see her grow in love, joy, and security that she will forwver be loved!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post! Love, love, love her piggy tails! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY SHAYLEE JOY DAY!! May your soul ALWAYS be filled with abundant Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your precious girl! She is such a joy- baby for sure! I miss her sweetness.

    Totally have to get together soon - congrats on 2 years!

    xo ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that day so well! SJ is your little miracle :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, that little girl has my heart!!! Oh so precious. Did you know that today is also the day that God answered us with a big ole yes to Janie. I am amazed that He KNEW when your blog opened my heart once again that He would show us that answer on SJ's family day. WOW!! He is so cool!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing how a joyful heart makes her even more beautiful, she is precious!
    Happy Forever Family Day ShayleeJoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So True!! ShayleeJoy is an absolute Joy to be around and love! How far she has come! Looking forward to many more years of sharing her Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful girl with a million dollar smile! Happy ShayleeJoy Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So precious! She is such a beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete