Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day~

Our first day of May was spent like most others... school, chores, and just enjoying the day.
Today I made a game using lids and foam numbers... 
SJ counted the dots, added the numbers, and put in number order.
I found this great idea for playdough play last night and tried it out on WP.
He played for a long while but not hours. :)
 Another game made with metal lids and magnetic dots...
I wrote sight words on the lids, letters in words on dots and SJ made words.
She is really into rhyming words right now so I made an AT family game and we sang the words as we made them.
{Tune~ Happy Birthday}
I can spell CAT... C A T,
I can spell BAT... B A T,
I can spell RAT... R A T,
I know AT words yay for me!!!
 
She also has a new book this week, Look and See, so I made her a pocket chart story...
she LOVES reading it over and over with her pointer while switching names in our family~
 SO Happy May day for our family to your's~
 WHO can believe it's May already???

4 comments:

  1. I want to go to Ankerich preschool! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy May Day to you too! I wish we could have delivered some baskets to you! We had sooo much fun! It looks like you had a great day too. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you thoughts of beautiful blooms! Your house seems to be such a fun place and they have an amazing time learning. What familiar and fun manipulatives you have created. Wish I could say we have been having that much fun learning, but sometimes life takes you away from certain things, we'll get back in the grove by summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get the foam numbers from? I have the letters - got from Wal-Mart. I honestly wonder how you find the time to prepare the activities you do each day with them? Between everything I do each day and taking care of M & A, I feel like I don't have much time to prepare school stuff and then do it with him!

    ReplyDelete