Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sweet Sunday~

A sweet friend of mine spurred me on the last chapter of 7 and I am SO glad she did...
"Such is the ridiculous American life. Everyone of my friends has a similar story. None of us are happy about it, yet we keep filling up our calendars. Yes, I'm in; we'll sign up; I'll do it. We race from one activity to another, teaching our children to max out and stress out. Nice legacy.
This biblical concept of rest is whispering to me, "You're ignoring me." And I am. Not only do I not take God's command seriously, but I act like it's not even in the Bible. Ah, Sabbath. How cute and archaic. It's adorable how the Hebrews obeyed that. Good for them." 

Leviticus 23:3
"You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of complete rest, an official day for holy assembly. It is the LORD's Sabbath day, and it must be observed wherever you live.

This is just the tip of her iceburg in this chapter and all I am sharing today because I am taking this part to heart.
Today we worshiped, ate as a family, and resting the day away.
In the past, I have used Sunday to catch up on house chores, edit photos and blog, spend extra time on my computer, etc. and there is nothing wrong with all that.

Today I am choosing Sweet Sunday~
a day to rest, relax, and refocus my mind on God's gift...
a day of rest.
Hoping that in the future all these words won't be necessary and I will just throw up a few photos if even that.
Blessings to you all and choose rest~ it's a gift!

6 comments:

  1. a day of rest for a lovely lady and her family!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this chapter. Once we are settled in FL I want to start my own 7 fast. I am not sure exactly what I am going to do yet. One thing I do know is I want to incorporate the Sabbath as well as Shabbot! I loved this!!

    Your post personifies what I want my Sabbath to look like:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to hear this today. I had 3 finals, test, and presentation last week, and I have 3 finals and my Junior Portfolio submission this week. I should have studied all day today, but I just was emotionally and physically exhausted, and haven't done a thing today. I felt guilty not studying because I know I should have but today, I relaxed. After reading your post, I feel so much better that I did:) Thanks for sharing those sweet words:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, needed to read this today. Thanks for the reminders to slow down and rest too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little sweetie is one of those wise little kiddos who keeps you in line. She keeps us in our place, by making sure we ALWAYS rest on Sunday, she even quotes the scriptures to us...even if we just want to run to the store, catch up on a little shopping or ect. Glad I have her, for we ALWAYS enjoy our day of rest. I think sitting by the pool after church looks like a great restful thing to do this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading and revisiting 7 too and this has also really been on my mind a lot lately. Ever since getting "thrown" into the adult world, it's as if NOTHING stops. It's exhausting. I, too, normally use Sunday to tie up all the loose ends, but I never feel "recooped" on Monday. Ironically, I really haven't talked much to Justin about 7, but we were eating lunch on Sunday and out of the clear blue he said to me, "You know. We really should be doing more to make Sunday a "Sabbath" day and just take it easy and rest. I mean, that's why God gave us Sunday to begin with." And I thought, "Oh yeah- God is telling me to sloooowww it down sista!" We plan to start being much more conscious about how we spend our Holy Day!

    ReplyDelete