Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How is SJ?

Yesterday she was fine pretty much...
Scott and Amelia were here to spend time with her
playing and reading.
She and I walked, swam, and got the party ready.
She asked to be held a lot but that's kind of normal
and the million dollar question~
"Is it time to go get Ella?"

Today...
she has been very clingy and we spent the whole morning
getting 'her school' set up and going~
She chose the ABC tub first and sang it about 100 times~

She absolutely LOVES Wikki Stix~
and worked SO hard on 'her' letter~

We also did some dot painting
and her other favorite stickers~


Along with some playdough and water colors,
I think she had a super morning
but still asked me 100 times if it was time to get Ella.
Now she is in the pool with Amelia having a ball
and we will be off to get EK in about 30 minutes~
can't wait to hear all about her day.

She was so excited to go back today!
We waited in the hallway for Rachel and they walked in together~
made a world of difference with separation anxiety!
Amelia went to volunteer for a little while this morning
and called to tell me EK was doing AWESOME in her class.
She was participating with every activity 
and even wrote a sentence on her journal entry today!!! Yay!
SO proud of me beautiful Kindergartner!!! 

10 comments:

  1. awhhh, I'm glad to see SJ is doing okay without her jie jie at home with her f/t. I remember when the kids went off to school last year... the same day, Martin also had to travel for work for the first time since we had returned home with Khloe from China. So all of those changes at once were just too much for her precious heart to bear, but we made it through!! ;)

    I can't believe how early school starts there. You must get out extra early, too, then? We don't start here for another month yet. Crazy how much those school calendar years can vary from one place to the next!! Have a great year... soon SJ will have her brother home to play with her during the days. Can't wait!!! :)


    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad everyone is getting used to all the new changes. I am so proud of EK, she is doing so awesome. Makes my heart happy.
    Love,
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tired after just reading about your morning :) I am sure that she will learn soon to enjoy that time alone with mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for EK! A sentence already!? WOW!! And SJ is so adorable practicing her letters! I have to say... I'm quite a fan of the wiki stix myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You guys start school early. We don't start till next week. However, I am so ready for them to be back in school. I love them, but I think everyone will be happier. They are so bored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You guys start school early. We don't start till next week. However, I am so ready for them to be back in school. I love them, but I think everyone will be happier. They are so bored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are those tot trays? Trying to get ours set up here. Found the do-a-dot paints at Kmart yesterday. Need to check out those wikki stix! What a fun morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That one question is so hard to hear from the younger sibling. Good thing Will is coming home soon-he'll keep her busy!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids "left behind" have always had some adjusting to do when a sibling started school. It was worse for Eva when Chloe started, because they did EVERYTHING together! I feel for your little SJ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Check out my WILW post! I mentioned your family in it :)

    ReplyDelete